Sharon has over 37 years’ experience in the Jersey finance industry, working within the banking, fund, and trust company sectors, with over 20 years’ direct experience in regulatory compliance and AML/CFT related roles, this includes fulfilling the Key Person roles.
In 2009 Sharon joined an international fund administration company initially as the Head of Client Compliance Services managing a small team and acting as Key Person to regulated client entities. She then progressed into wider Group AML/CFT support function roles within the international organisation. In 2019, Sharon became the Compliance Officer for the Jersey fund business and in 2021 this role transitioned to acting as the CO for both the funds and trust businesses.
Her career to date has gained her experience with:
- development of compliance policies and procedures
- managing the relationship with the regulator, including onsite examinations
- developing and delivering of compliance monitoring plans
- attendance at board meetings (both client and legal entity)
- preparation and delivery of in-house compliance training
She has also been engaged with managing customer on-boarding teams, assisting in system migrations, and both chairing and being a member of various compliance and risk committees.
Sharon holds the ICA Compliance and Financial Crime diplomas.